Saturday, October 19, 2013

Goodbye MTC-October 19, 2013

Wow, I can't believe that this is my last week in the MTC! It has gone by so fast, and now in two days I will be in heading for the Philippines, it's so unreal! I was beginning to feel like my entire mission was just going to be the MTC haha so I cannot wait to finally get out there and start doing real work with real people, it's so exciting!
Well, I just want to give a quick recap of some of the highlights of this past week before I talk about stuff that actually matters.
1. My district is super layed back, and we're all such great friends now, that sometimes we call each other by our first names. It's bawal, but nice to know that we're on a first name basis now haha. So a lot of the time, people will call me Stacey, but our obedient District Leader, Elder Waldron, has never called me by my first name. I even wondered if he knew that my name was Stacey haha. But anyways, one day I was trying to ignore him (because that's just how our relationship goes, we tease each other like a brother and sister), and he kept trying to say things to make me react to him, and at the end he goes, "How do you like that....STACE!" I just about died I was laughing so hard, he finally called me by my first name, and he didn't even mean to. He was so embarrassed and ashamed that he called me Stace and not Sister Bangerter haha his reaction made it even that much better!
2.We had devotinoal up at Main Campus this tuesday, and since we lived at West Campus, we had to take a shuttle up because it was raining. After the devotional, we were all waiting in this foyer type thing that was made up of all glass while we waited for the bus to come. We were all standing there talking when Elder Rujke comes in and tries to go through the glass doors, but it was actually just the glass wall haha. He rammed into it face first because he thought that it was the door lol! Ok it was probably one of those you had to be there moments, but oh my goodness, we were all dying, and I'm pretty sure only me and SIster Tapusoa actually saw him dot it. Well and all the people on the other side of the window who just stared and panicked to see if he was ok lol so funny!!
3. Last saturday when we were leaving the temple to walk back to main campus, this car drove by us really slowly and then they stopped. This little Japanese guy got out of the car and said that he was visiting from New York but he was originally from Japan. He was a member of the church but had never been to Utah before I guess, and he wanted to take a picture with the Sister missionaries! He was so adorable and could hardly speak English, but he made us feel like celebrities or something. It's really funny because everytime we're walking down the street, people will wave and smile and honk at us haha missionaries are famous in Provo.

Ok, I think that's all my pointless stories for this week! Hope you enjoy those! But now on to important things. Last sunday, our Branch President told us that he would be leaving. He got a new calling to be over 40 mission presidents in Europe, so he left for Germany this past tuesday. It was sad that he left because he was such a great Branch President and really cared about all of us missionaries, but our new Branch President is just as great. It's President Howard who was the first counselor before, so we all already know and love him and his sweet wife. I feel like there have been a lot of changes this week which is why it has gone by so fast.
On Tuesday, Dallin H. Oaks came to speak to us at our devotional! He is definitely one of my favorite apostles. I remember when he came to Sherman to speak in our stake conference, and I was so bummed that we couldn't go to Mckinney to see him in person. But this time, I was sitting about 3 or 4 rows away from him, so I finally got my chance to see him again! He is such a great speaker and has the spirit with him so strongly. He and his wife talked to us about missinoary work and how to be great missionaries. He taught why this is the true church, and how that can help us in our lives and in the lives of our investigators. What I liked most about his talk though was when he said that he doesn't know all of the mysteries of God and why some things are like they are, but he does know that he has felt the spirit and has had truth revelaed to him through the holy ghost. Never deny the truth that we know from the Holy ghost. I feel like we have been talking about the spirit a lot lately, and it's made my testimony of the power of gifts of the holy ghost so much stronger. This is an amazing gift that I am blessed with, and I should always rely on the spirit and tust in it to bring me peace and let me know what is true. I have felt the spirit so many times here at the MTC, and I know that this is the work of the Lord, and I'm so grateful to be one of His servants for 18 months.
We moved back to Main campus this past tuesday, and I can honestly say that it feels so great to be back here. We also got into the newer residence and classroom buildings, so I can now say that I experienced all the different forms of the MTC! I will really miss it here, I have had so many great experiences that I will never forget. I have had the best teachers here, Brother Soderquist and Sister Stonnick. They have both helped me so much to realize my potential as a missionary, and to come closer to Christ myself in order for me to proclaim His great gospel. Most of all though, I have loved the MTC because of the amazing district that I was blessed to be a part of. All of the Elders and Sisters have become like my family, and I will miss them so much when we have to separate. I was blessed to have two of the greatest people as my mga kasama. Sister Sawada and Sister Anien have become such great friends to me, as well as Sister Tapusoa and Sister Lowham. Things never get boring with these Sisters, and I'm so happy to know that we will stay in touch even after the mission. Then all of our Elders, Waldron, Loitz, Rasmussen, and Rujke, are some of the best guys that I've ever known. Even though they are so young, they have testimonies that are so rock solid. They will do amazing things in the Philippines, and I'm so happy that I could get to know them and see their growth. I have truly loved the MTC. I love mission life and being a missionary for the Lord. This is what I'm supposed to be doing right now in my life, I know this without a doubt!
Thank you everyone who sent me letters this past week, and the whole time that I've been here! Your love and support really helps me when I'm feeling down! Thanks for the package Mom, Dad, and Dori! I love the pictures Mom :) and I haven't eaten all of the food yet Dad and Dori, but I will get the other sisters in my zone to help me out haha.
Well, so long America, it's been nice, but I'm ready for the hot and humid Philippines! Mom and Dad, I leave at 3:30 AM on Monday, so I'll call you once I land in Detroit most likely, but if I do end up having to call super early, please answer! I love you all so much!
Mahal Kita!
Sister Bangerter

the little islander is the infamous Elder Larron


Last day with our teacher Brother Soderquist

Last day with our teacher Brother Soderquist

Last day with our teacher Brother Soderquist

No comments:

Post a Comment