Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week 2 in the Pines-November 2, 2013

Wow what a week! Things here are going great! Sister Lazan and I were finally able to get our area down a little bit more. Our area is so huge it's kind of overwhelming,and it's super quiet around here which is scary at times, but we are doing the Lord's work so we will be protected. The thing I love the most about Baguio is the scenery here. Every where you look it's green and there are flowers, and we literally climb about 200 stairs everyday. It can be exhausting, but I get a great work out! Also, we have been working out so much! Thank you MC for the jackie workout, it is a life saver haha and Sister Lazan and I do it every morning! We also go jogging sometimes, but there are dogs and a sister got bit by a dog last time she went jogging, so now I'm a little afraid to run again, but ayos lang it's great!
Funny thing that I didn't expect about the Philippines is that everyone has straight black hair. I know that sounds weird, but everyone, literally, everyone is mesmorized by my hair lol they ask if it's real or if I'm wearing a wig or if it's natural lol so funny! Even in church yesterday, this woman was playing with my hair and asking me how I get it so curly! Funny thing is I wish that I had straight hair like them haha. Oh, and I'm also considered tall here, that's a first for sure! But I really do tower over my companion I feel like and a lot of the other women and some men here, so funny!
But this week was really good because we had some very spiritual lessons. Most of the people in our area are less actives that were offended so they dont want to come back to church, but still know that it is true. It makes me so sad to see that the members didn't fellowship them and now they are not coming to church. Many of them had goals to be sealed in the temple, but now that aren't coming to church anymore. But maybe that's why we were put in this open area, to reactivate and increase the numbers in the ward. So many of the members that I've met are so nice. They help me with my Tagalog and tell me that I can do it! The language is very hard for me, but I know that I will be able to understand in the Lord's time and with my own study and efforts. I can't wait until I can communicate and express myself in Taglog with them, I really hope that at the end of my mission, I can come back here and talk to all the members that I couldn't understand before haha. But the work is great. We have a few investigators that are so prepared and ready for the gospel in their lives, so hopefully we will have some baptisms here. I am learning so much every single day, and I love my trainer Sister Lazan. She is really a great missionary and pushes me to lead lessons and speak Tagalog more. We have a lot of fun together and life at everything. I'm excited for this week because we will be teaching our investigators, so hopefully they come to church this sunday!
I find that I am most happy here when I am out preaching the gospel. I want to lose myself in the work and bring people to Christ's true church, because I know that this is true and the gospel can make us so happy! I love you all, thanks for your love and support! Oh and here are my addresss:
For Letter:
Sister Stacey Bangerter
Philippines Baguio Mission
PO Box 115
National Highway, Brgy, Lingsat
San Fernando, La Union
2500 Philippines

For Packages:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Philippines Baguio Mission
National Highway, Brgy, Lingsat
San Fernando, La Union
2500 Philippines

Mahal Kita!
Sister Bangerter
Foggy Baguio

My nany (trainer) and my sister

Beautiful Baguio!


No comments:

Post a Comment