Sunday, January 26, 2014

Missionary Life 1/26/14

Kumusta lahat!
So this week was pretty normal, just your average missionary stuff went down. I'm liking this transfer a lot though already because of the new co-senior schedule. We go out and proselyte for two hours in the morning before lunch, and it's so much easier to find people at that time! For some reason, everyone in the Philippines takes naps right at our proselyting time in the afternoon, it gets really annoying some days when we make return appointments, and the people are home but just sleeping. Maybe I should bring that tradition back with me to the US haha I could go for a daily nap!
But yeah, nothing too exciting this week, but I am really learning how to open my mouth and talk to everyone more. It really is true that the Lord places people in your path who are ready for this gospel. We have some really interested investigators right now who know that this message is true, but they just won't come to church! I think that's the most frustrating thing, but I just have to be patient, and trust in the Lord's timing. I know that no effort is wasted, and even if I'm not the one here to baptize them, at least I helped in their conversion to the gospel.
Missionary life is the best, I love that everyday I just get to go out and talk to people and bare my testimony about Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. I can't imagine myself anywhere else now, and I absolutely love Baguio! It's the best feeling to be able to know my way around a foreign city haha just makes me realize how much trust the Lord puts in teenagers to help spread His gospel.
Well, I hope that you all had a great week and continue to focus your life on the things that matter most! I love you all and continue to pray for you everyday!
Mahal Kita!
Sister Bangerter

P.S- one random story, this former investigator texted us and asked if we could buy a gift for her baby...yeah, there's a reason she was a former investigator.
My new companion, Sister Aroa from Bulacan!

No comments:

Post a Comment