Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day! 5/11/14

Kumusta pamilya at mga kaibigan!
I hope all of you mother's had a great Mother's Day! Mom I loved getting to talk to you, even if it was just for 30 minutes, and I want to let you know how much I love you! I'm so immensely grateful for all that you have done for me and taught me throughout my life. I know that I wouldn't be the person that I am if it wasn't for you and your example to me. I tell all of my companions and house mates about you, and they all agree that you are the most amazing and strongest woman ever. If I can be half the person that you are, I would satisfied with life. There really aren't even words enough for me to tell you how much a truly appreciate all that you have done for me. Each day on my mission I realize the sacrifices that you have made in your life so that I can be living this gospel and have the testimony to share it with others. So maraming maraming salamat talaga mom, you're the best mom ever!!
I had some really good experiences this week as well. I decided that I was going to do everything in my power to love these people more and really get to know them. Wow, I should have done that week one, because I can now say that I love the people that I teach here in my new area! They all have such amazing backgrounds, and I respect these converts so much. To hear about where they were before they were a member and see how they are now is truly amazing to me. Just goes to show that you can't give up on anyone, and for those of us like myself who grew up in the gospel should never take it for granted. It's the best feeling though to see a recent convert bare their testimony about the power of the Book of Mormon, when they only just started reading it a few months ago, and to have a less active remind you of the true power of prayer, how despite all the millions of people in the world, God really listens to each of our simple prayers.
I want you all to know that I love missionary work, it really is the best decision that I made in my life to go out and serve the Lord. It's turning me into a better person and true disciple of Christ.
Shout outs to Sister Behrmann, Elder Dunn, Elder Kendall, and Bishop Sybrowsky for the letters! And Happy Birthday Day Hermana Minnick, Elder Packard, and Sister Aroa, hope ya'll had the best days ever! And again Mom, I got 5 packages from you this week, you get Mom of the year award :)
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter

Update from my last area in Baguio:
Sister Vinoya, a less active, is totally returned, got endowed in the temple, and is now the 2nd counselor in the young womens! Probably the best news I got all week :)
Chilling in the rice fields 

Just your native caribou bathing in the irrigation, even they know it's hot outside (also can we just take a moment to notice how HUGE my hair is here...the struggle)

Cute little Filipino kids

Dinner appointment with the ward missionaries. After this picture our branch mission leader told me my skin was like Coffeemate haha

No comments:

Post a Comment