Sunday, May 4, 2014

Agoo Kay Ganda 5/4/14

Kumusta family and friends!
There was a lot going on this week for the city of Agoo. From May 1-4 they have a huge fiesta where there's parades and famous people come and perform and stuff. I hear it's really fun, sadly, we couldn't watch any of it, and even more sadly, literally everyone went to join in on the fun, ibig sabihin (meaning) none of our usual people we visit were home. As a missionary, I really hate holidays haha, but it's ok, there's something about walking for hours under the blazing sun that really changes your attitude about things. If there's one thing that I've learned on my mission, it's endurance. Everyday is a new day with new challenges and new triumphs too. In the course of a few hours, you can be on top of the world, floating from a great lesson with an investigator, then go and teach a less active who has so many trials and challenges, I promise myself that I'll never complain again, and then spend the rest of the day walking miles, trying to talk to people and getting rejected or just baking in the oven of the Filipino sun. You do a lot of deep thinking. Sometimes you wake up in the morning and just feel the heat wash over you, and you think that you don't even have the energy to move. But then you do, and you go out all day and all week and you fulfill your purpose as a missionary, crying repentance unto people, absorbing their problems, and putting yourself into their shoes. And then when you come home at night, no matter how tired you might be, not matter how little lessons you might have taught that day, you realize that it was still a good day. You realize that your own challenges are pretty petty compared to others, and that there are still way more blessing that we have received than we actually deserve. So every time I start to get down, or want to complain, I am hit in the face the the reality of the goodness of this gospel and the power of my calling.
  Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.
This is my drive and my reason to be here, our problems are never eternal and in the big scheme of things, God's plan and ways are always for our good. I realize that everyday. I'm so grateful for this gospel in my life. I'm grateful for the people who I serve here, and most importantly, I'm grateful for my family, I love ya'll more and more everyday. I want you all to know that I do have a strong testimony of this church and especially of the reality of Christ, His atonement and gospel. It is all that matters in life and what will give us the eternal happiness that we're all searching for!
I love you all so much, thanks for your prayers and love! And happy birthday shout outs to Soraya and Sister Behrmann, love ya'll!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter

Conference Talk of the Week: "I Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee" - President Monson
FHE Balderas Family

No comments:

Post a Comment