Sunday, May 25, 2014

Meet my Anak! 5/25/14

Kumusta sa inyong lahat!
Wow this has been the craziest week yet! It all started normal in the beginning, just your average missionary work, did a nice little CSP painting at an elementary school, and getting ready for transfer day when on Wednesday, I get a call from President asking me to train a brand new missionary!! I was feeling a lot of emotions in that moment, at first super excited, and then really scared, and then stressed all at once. I feel like I'm still too young on the mission to be training, there's so much that I still need to learn and improve on, but I know that I will grow a lot during this experience. So I'm excited (but still nervous) for this new step in my mission, and my trainee or anak in Tagalog is the best! Her name is Sister Panganiban, yeah we struggle to say each other's names, and she's a Filipina from Quezon City Province! She's older than me, but i'm taller than her haha and she's the sweetest and most humble person, she's already teaching me so much and I know that these next two transfers will be a lot about me humbling myself and developing patience as I do my best to teach a new missionary what it's like to be in the field. Even though it can be a little stressful at times, it's so nice to be with someone who's so excited about every little thing. She really has the missionary spirit that I feel like all of us kind of lose the longer we are here and you start to fall into a routine. At the end of the day, we discuss what went good in our lessons, and it's so humbling for me to hear how excited she gets over just the little impressions of the spirit, and seeing someone come to church. Missionary work is really the most rewarding feeling when you can see these people living the gospel!I'm excited to see what the next few weeks will bring. I know that Sister Panganiban and I have the faith and power to see miracles here in our area if we do our best and remain obedient.
Happy birthday shout out to Lindy, hope you and the kids are doing well! And thanks Grandma for the letter, love you!
I hope everyone has a great week, and continue to share this great gospel!
Mahal Kita!
Sister Bangerter
We went to the beach last P-day!

We went to the beach last P-day!

We went to the beach last P-day!

We went to the beach last P-day!

We went to the beach last P-day!

Giant eagle in my area

My anak Sister Panganiban!

My mission family (my trainer Sister Lazan)
Sister Sidwell is training too, our missions have been the same ha

No comments:

Post a Comment