Monday, October 13, 2014

I Love General Conference-10/13/2014

Kumusta everyone!
The highlight of this week for me was definitely General Conference! I have been looking forward to this session of conference since the last one in April. Not gonna lie, before my mission, it was a struggle for me to stay awake sometimes during conference, but now I think I get more excited for it than Christmas. We are so lucky and blessed to be able to receive such direct and personal revelation from our beloved Prophet and general authorities of the church. Just as they emphasized in this conference, I truly love and sustain each of the Lord's prophet, seers, and revelators on the earth. I know that they are called of God, and that their messages are true. I went into this session of conference with three specific questions, and they were all answered perfectly. I know that this is Christ's church and that His gospel is true. One of the talks from this conference that I really enjoyed was Elder Bednar's talk. I'm not sure how many people really read my emails anymore haha, but for those of you that do, especially my lovely Texas friends, I want you all to watch or read this talk right now! Here's the link: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/come-and-see?lang=eng
This is why I am here on my mission, to share the happiness that I have experienced in my life with others. I love the people of the Philippines, and I love my friends and family back home. I know that this gospel blesses lives, and this is every missionaries invitation, to help others to come unto Christ and receive the blessings of eternal happiness and eternal families. I know that this is Christ's church.
Sorry this email is so short, but I just really wanted to emphasize some of my feelings about conference. But this week:
1.I got my flight questioneere, malapit na!
2. I had my first exchanges with Sister Smith from Bountiful Utah, she lives so close to you Dad!
3. We watched The Best Two Years for our zone activity
4. Me and my comp were running around like maniacs trying to get trykes to take a blind and a deaf lady to conference on Sunday morning, and walked up like superstars as we got them seated with only 1 minute to spare!
5. We are going to have a baptism for Sister Alalaine and her son Gab this coming saturday, and my investigator in Bauang Brother Joey will get baptized this coming week too!
I love you all, keep choosing the right!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
Me and Sister Rae at Sunset Bay

Our District lunch

Sister Lou from my old area in San Fernando Ward

Sister Spjut

No comments:

Post a Comment