Sunday, October 19, 2014

October 19th, 2014

Kumusta everyone!
Well, this week went by so fast! I feel like every week just gets faster and faster, and it's really making me sad, especially since I think that Sister Rae will be transferred and we just have such a fun companionship, I don't want her to leave!
Anyways, this week was really great, we were even able to reach all of the standards of excellence! We now have five investigators with a baptismal date and our investigators Alalaine and her son Gab will be baptized this weekend now because she wants her family to attend. Can't complain with that! We're hoping that after her baptism, her family will be open to listening to us and they will be baptized too because after all, the gospel is for families. But there was a baptism in Bauang this past week for Brother Joey! He was so prepared, and even though I wasn't able to go, I know that it was a really happy day for him and his family, and he will never fall away from the truth.
Well, to be honest, I can't really think of much at the moment, but we had some great lessons and continue to find great people! Like this week, we started to teach two Nigerians who just moved here for schooling, they were so nice and funny. I'm sure I'll have some great stories from them in the coming weeks. When we taught them for the first time, they invited us in and asked us if we wanted to "do apple". I couldn't really understand the way they pronounced apple, and so me and Sister Rae were thinking that they were about to offer us some sort of drug, but then they pull out an apple and ask if that's not what it's called haha, even in English there's a bit of a language barrier. But on a more spiritual note, we have been really emphasizing the importance of the Book of Mormon in conversion and teaching. We had interviews with President Balledos, and he asked me to think what my life would be like without the Book of Mormon. Honestly, if I didn't have the Book of Mormon in my life, I would be so lost and I wouldn't know the purpose to our lives. But because of the Book of Mormon and the influence it has had on me, I know and understand the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that this is a true book, that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and this is the Lord's church and kingdom on the earth.
Well I love you all, read the Book of Mormon because it's true and will bring you closer to God than any other book!
Shout outs to Sister Alvarez for the letter, and happy birthday Tatie Yva and Stephane!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter

PS- I played tennis for the first time in over a year this morning, and I still got it :)
This guy fishing on his cool raft boat

No comments:

Post a Comment