Monday, April 21, 2014

Hot, Hot, Hot! 4/21/14


Kumusta everyone!
This email might be short cause I don't have much time and my brain is running a mile a minute, but it was a good week. This was probably the hottest I've ever been on my mission, and just when I think it can't get any hotter, it does! We spent many days this week walking in the heat of the sun, so I have some pretty nice tan lines at this point, I'll try to send some pictures next week. But despite the heat, the work moves on here! Since I've gotten here, we have been preparing a family to be baptized this upcoming Saturday. They're really awesome and the Book of Mormon has changed their lives. It's amazing to see their strong testimony, and the wife always says that she knows this is the true church. I'm really glad that I got the chance to meet them now, even if I wasn't the missionary to teach them, helping them to maintain their testimony is just as important to me.
So since I'm new here, I'm still trying to just figure everything out, but I already really like this branch. Lots of members are wanting to work with us, and I'm hoping that we can get some referrals from people this week in preparation for May. Next month, the mission is trying to get 100 baptisms, so it would be really great if I could add to the count. So far, we have no investigators...but that's all going to change this week, I have hope still! I know that God will place someone in our path who is truly ready, I just need to be worthy to find them.
Sorry, I don't have much to say this week, but I'll try to be better next week! Shout outs to Manmie Cherie, happy birthday! I sent you a card, so hopefully you should be getting it soon, I love you! I hope everyone has a great week, keep praying for those opportunities to share the gospel because this church is true!
Mahal Kita!
Sister Bangerter
They eat a lot of unripened mangos, they are the best!

pics of some nice seafood that people gave us

All  my clothes that I washed BY HAND, still feeling pretty proud about that :)

All my clothes that I washed BY HAND, still feeling pretty proud about that:)
We keep getting fresh food from the members here!

No comments:

Post a Comment