Sunday, April 6, 2014

I love Baguio! 4/6/14

Kumusta sa inyong lahat!
Well this was another great and normal week of missionary work! I feel bad because by the time I actually sit down to email, I feel like I forget everything that's happened during the week, but I'll try to give you the highlights.
So this past week went by super fast I feel like, and now transfer day is Thursday. I have a pretty good feeling I'll be transferred since I've been here for six months, and I know that I will miss this area so much. I had to hold back tears all Sunday as I looked at the members who have literally become like family to me. I've learned and grown so much here and even though I've had some hard times, I realize why people love their first area the most. But nothing is set in stone, so I'll find out tomorrow if I'm really leaving or not. If I do get transferred, I'll probably go to the lowlands in the heat of the summer. I'll miss the nice cool and un-humid weather in Baguio for sure!
As for missionary work, this week was a lot of finding. Sadly, we dropped like all of our investigators this week because they really weren't progressing. It's true though that we only have a short amount of time here to serve, so we really need to focus on those who are prepared and willing to make the necessary commitments to accept this gospel into their lives. Sometimes as a missionary, I feel like I'm a parent of these investigators. Even though they are normally a lot older than me, everything I'm teaching them is brand new. I watch their excitement as they learn about a new commandment or principle of the gospel, and I feel disappointed when they choose not to follow or let it bless their lives. I imagine how frustrated my parents must feel every time they tell me to do something because they know it's best for me, and I don't do it. Sorry Mom and Dad, I should have listened to you more! But then, how much more does our Heavenly Father feel when we don't follow His commandments or accept His gospel.He has this amazing plan set forth for us, and we have to do is listen to His promptings and be obedient. I know it's easier said than done, but I think what I'm learning the most on my mission is that the better way to live life is just by simply following the commandments. You'll avoid a lot of heartache, and when trials do come, as they always do, you'll be better prepared to handle the situation, and you won't lose hope. Those are the blessings of Christ's gospel! Every question in life can be answered through the scriptures and prayer, I can testify that this is true!
I love this gospel and all the blessings that I receive and see others receive from it! I hope you all enjoyed conference, I can't wait to watch it this weekend, we are so blessed to hear the words of our living prophet. I also was able to watch Woman's Conference this past week, and I loved the words of President Eyring that the path of life is marked with covenants. I am so grateful for the covenants that I have made with the Lord, and I pray that I may continue to help people make and keep their baptismal covenants, and stay on the path to the temple as well. But the best part of the conference was when Sister Burton talked about a young girl in the Philippines, and guess who that young girl was...MY COMPANION!!! I'm not sure if you remember me telling ya'll about how Sister Burton and Sister McKonkie came to Baguio, but they when to church in my ward, and during relief society, we just shared personal experience about how the gospel has strengthened us. So that was my companions story that Sister Burton shared in the woman's meeting. I have a really amazing companion as you can tell, she's the only active member in her family, and went to church all by herself since she was a little girl. The people here amaze me every single day!
Well, I'm out of time, but some final birthday shout outs to Robin, Jaycee, and Marilyn, hope ya'll had a great day! And thanks for the letters Sara, Brooklyn, Mary Claire, and Elder Judd and the postcard Shanoah, I'll be writing ya'll back soon! And Tami Minnick for the package, you're the best!
Ok, I love and pray for you all, hope you have a great week!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
Me eating a real life hamburger that some members made, omg the best!

The missionaries in Burnham 1

S. Sidwell made us Mac & Cheese! It's the little things! (also check out my amazing companion in the back haha)

My batch mates Baguio and La Trinidad Zone

Burnham 1 Missionaries 

Burnham 1 Missionaries 

My amazing companion S. Aroa and me 

One of my favorite members, Mommy Bennett, she cooks for us every Sunday and it's the best food ever! (she is the reason I am getting fat ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment