Sunday, July 13, 2014

I love Agoo 3! 07/13/2014

Hello everyone!
So this week went by so fast, and it made me realize that I probably only have 5 more precious weeks here in Agoo! I really love this area so much, and all the people that I've met here. This branch has really become like a family to me, and I'm so grateful that I could stay here for 3 transfers so far, but it just makes it that much harder to think about leaving, so I have to enjoy each day as much as I can! Missions really go by so fast. Just this week, I hit my 10 month mark, where did the time go?! I feel like just the other day, the age change happened and then I was filling in my mission papers. I know that I've changed and grown a lot since being here, especially during this time that I've been training. The mission matures you, sometimes a little too much when people tell me they think I'm 25...haha but it's ok, still young at heart!
Well this week, we had everyone unload their problems on us, but that's just the life of a missionary. Sometimes it amazes me how much people trust just these two young girls that knock on their door and come into their lives. But they recognize us as servants of the Lord, and with that calling comes a special authority and spirit that people feel that we can help them with their problems. I know that by myself, I am just a 19 yeah old girl in a foreign country, but since I have called and set apart, I have the Lord's promise that He will strengthen me and give me the ability to help strengthen others with their problems. I realized this week that it really is true, no matter what problem we have in our lives, a principle of the gospel can solve it.
Well to be honest, there's a ton of little kids in this internet shop singing John Legend and playing video games, so my mind is kind of all over the place at the moment, but just know that this was a good week and I continue to learn so much everyday! We are extending a lot of baptismal dates, but like I said about people have some problems, not sure if everything will work out, but I know that God always has a way to fulfill His purposes, so I'm not losing hope yet! With faith and diligence, I really think that we can have another baptism by the end of this transfer as well.
I love you all, thanks for the emails, and for those who don't email or write me, you should! Shout outs to Grandma and Kyrsten, happy birthday, I love ya'll!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
My favorite branch members that realize the importance of member missionary work, they're the best! Oh yeah and we got elders in our branch too, one is from Cebu and the other is from Tonga, but he's white!

No comments:

Post a Comment