Kumusta sa inyong lahat!
So for starters, here are a few highlights from my week:
1. Our investigators the Abuan family finally came to church this week! We were at the chapel, and get a text that they're on their way, this is huge because legitimately no one ever texts us back. We had to keep ourselves from running to the front lobby because we were so excited, and just as we got there, in walks the Abuan family! I can't even express my excitment, and even though their 4 year old son was a little crazy, I could tell that they felt the spirit and really enjoyed it, and the branch members just welcomed them with open hands, they fit right in perfectly. This was the best Sunday yet!
2. Well, I can't go long without embarrassing myself. Yesterday, we were walking to an appointment, and I slipped and fell down this muddy hill. Got mud on the outside and inside of my skirt and yeah, I got to wash off, but was just wet for the rest of our proselyting. Don't worry though, only hurt my pride.
3. I finished the New Testament for the first time ever! I know the Bible is true so far as it is translated correctly, and I love seeing how much the Bible and Book of Mormon testify and support one another. They go together, and the Book of Mormon brings clarity to the Bible and the purposes of Christ's ministry!
4. I can't express enough just how much I love the people I've met on my mission. The members, our investigators, and even other missionaries. I know that I had to be called to the Baguio mission for these people to be a part of my life, and I'm so grateful for them. They have helped me to be a better person, and have showed me how to really live this gospel.
5. The area is great, I love Agoo, and I'm so happy here!
Now, on to other business, Sister Rodriguez emailed me asking for a letter to the congregation as part of Chris's farewell. I don't have a lot of time, but I just wanted to include it in my weekly email, so here it goes!
When I decided to go on a mission, I truly didn't expect how much it would change my life. From the moment I entered the MTC until now, I have felt the presence of the spirit more in my life every day, and have truly gained a testimony for myself of the importance and blessings of this gospel. I have always had a testimony of the church, but when you're serving a mission as a representative of the Lord, and introducing the gospel and the Book of Mormon to people who have never even heard of the church before, you get a special first hand witness of how much God loves His children that He would restore His true church back on the earth. I realize now more than ever how important my family is to me, and how our covenants through priesthood power will enable us to be together for eternity. This is the greatest gift that the gospel gives us in our lives, eternal salvation as a family. With each day of my mission, and as I immerse myself in the scriptures and the doctrine of Christ, I learn how I can be better, how I can really live the gospel and prepare my friends and family to receive these saving ordinances and eternal life. My mission has blessed my life in so many ways, that I probably won't fully comprehend until I go home. But with each transfer and each day even, I strengthen my testimony that God lives, Chirst is His son and our Savior, and He has never and will not ever forsake us. There is one true way to happiness in our lives, and it is through obedience to the Lord's commandments. I love my mission, I'm so grateful for every good and hard experience I have had, because as true disciples of Christ, salvation isn't easy, and sometimes living the gospel doesn't seem easy, but when we have an eternal perspective, the reward is far greater than we can even imagine. I love the Sherman First Ward, I gained my testimony because of my life among the great saints there, and every single teacher and friend that I have had in that congregation has impacted my life in such a way to lead me to the point that I'm at now. I love you all, and pray that you may live the gospel and take advantage of the blessings that we have, and want to share that eternal happiness with others. I have a testimony, that this is God's kingdom restored on the Earth today, in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, amen.
Also, shout outs to Grandma, Brent, and President Rogers for the letters, and a super late happy birthday to Mary Claire, I'm the worst but I did remember and I hope you had a great 20th birthday chica!