Monday, January 19, 2015

Manila and Back 1/19/2015

Kumusta everyone!
Wow, so this week literally flew by so fast I can't even remember what happened! But I know that it's getting close for me to go home because I passed the trunky check points of finger prints and the career workshop! Not too much happened this week, so I'll just tell ya'll about my trip to Manila!
So this was the first time for me to go to Manila since I got here. Sister Sidwell, Elder Masame, Elder Paz, and I left Monday night at 11 PM for Manila. We arrived at the bus stop at 3:30 AM with no sleep, and started walking the sketchy streets of Manila to wait at a Jollibee for our driver at 5:30. On our 5 minute walk, we saw three giant street rats, past about 50 homeless people, and lots of bars. Manila is scary and I'm so grateful that I'm in Baguio mission! When our driver finally came, we went to the airport hotel to pick up an Elder from Naga mission. We slept on the couches for about an hour, and that was all the sleep I got the whole day. Then we went through the crazy Manila traffic to the immigration office. We were there for about 4-5 hours doing finger prints and signing papers, then we got permission to go to the famous Mall of Asia! It's the biggest mall in Asia and so far, no other missionaries have gotten to go there. It took about an hour to get out there because of all the traffic with the Pope coming to the Philippines, but we got an hour there to look around, and of course, we took advantage of that time to eat all the American food we could find! In that hour, we got Wendy's, Subway, and Krispy Kreme. Eating my chocolate frosty with my fries tasted like home. After going to the mall, we thought we were going back to the bus stop, but after about 2 more hours, we pull up in front of the temple! Oh my goodness, I haven't seen the temple in over a year, and even though we were all dead tired, it was so worth it to be on holy ground again. I love the temple, I can't wait to go there in a few more weeks and report to the Lord what I've done with the time He's given me to serve. So after a long day of no sleep, we headed back to Baguio and arrived at midnight. It was the longest and most exhausting day of my mission, but it was all worth it.
The weeks are flying by so fast now, soon it will be the end of the transfer, and we have a baptism coming up on Valentines Day (also my half birthday ;)) so I'm excited for the work being done here in Quezon Hill. I love my mission and I love this gospel!
Shout outs to Mary and Sister Behrmann for the letters, love ya'll!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
PS- sorry no pictures this week, the computer is being dumb :(

No comments:

Post a Comment