Sunday, January 11, 2015

Maraming Natutunan 01/11/2015

Kumusta everyone!
This past week has been a true eye opener for me in so many ways. When I first got transferred up to Baguio, I just had this awful feeling, I did not want to go back to the highlands and remember all the struggles I had in my first six months of my mission. Baguio city is really so different from the rest of the Philippines, not only the people here, but the church too. There are some unique problems, that you will only face in Baguio. So I wasn't too excited to be transferred back, then at the beginning of the week, we got punted for hours straight. I felt like I was in my training again, in an open area walking around aimlessly just praying that someone will want to talk to us. But as we got punted this week, I realized that it didn't bother me as much, I knew what to do now if our planned lessons bailed out on us. I took that as an opportunity to find, and to continue to keep my head up and move forward.
I really have learned so much on my mission, and I've changed a lot. I think it took me coming back to Baguio to realize the growth that I've made in myself. That, and talking to all of our Less Actives this week. We finally were able to contact about four LA's and they just poured out their concerns to us. It was amazing, and in each lesson, I can't even remember what I said, but I know that it was guided by the spirit and I hope will help them to soften their hearts and return. Each of these lessons really just made me ponder about my mission, the church, and my conversion. Because of my mission and the experiences that I've had I know what it really means to say that the church and the gospel is perfect, but the people aren't. We cannot judge others, because we too are just imperfect beings as well. We all make mistakes and are all trying to be better, but it just takes times and trail and error to get to the point that we want to be at. We go to church to be perfected, it's not for perfect people. And because of that, we cannot let others determine our salvation. We cannot let ourselves be offended by the actions of imperfect people. 3 Nephi 12: 39, 44-45. This is my new life motto. Before my mission, I think I was really selfish, I only focused on myself and my own salvation. But, I've learned that we cannot think of only ourselves, when we're truly converted, we want to help out others on the gospel path. We want to be kinder, we want to be more humble, and to help lift our brothers and sisters so that we can all endure. In the end, heaven would be pretty lonely if we didn't have anyone to enjoy it with, so we need to rescue the lost ones and never lose hope for those that have gone astray.
I have been so humbled on my mission, and in this area. I know that my mission is teaching me what kind of person I need to be for the rest of my life. It's not only the best 18 months of my life, but for my life as well. I know that there are tings I've learned here in the Philippines, even here in Quezon Hill that I couldn't have learned anywhere else. My testimony gets stronger everyday, especially since I've been here in Baguio again. I know with all my heart that this is the Christ's true church and with the right Priesthood keys, we can have eternal life.
I love you all so much, and I'm so grateful for your prayers and for my friends who are on missions and inspire me to be the best missionary that I can be as well.
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
Our IBD's Jovie and Jean!

Me and Sister Steedman

Our area is full of pine trees

Members from my first area

Our Agoo kabahay reunited

My anak Sister Panganiban!

No comments:

Post a Comment