Monday, August 25, 2014

Magulow! 08/25/2014

Kumusta sa inyong lahat!
Wow, so another crazy week here in San Fernando! I feel like so much and so little happened this week and it just went by way too fast. I don't even know where to start honestly. Well, like I said in my email last week, Sister Tapusoa was going to be my companion until she had to leave to get knee surgery. She came back on Tuesday, and we were together until Sunday.It was such a short six days together, but honestly my favorite companionship, just hanging out and doing missionary work with my best friend. I was really happy for her to be back, but we both knew that there was an expiration date on our companionship, just not when it would be. On Friday, her legs were hurting really bad. We were in an open area which means a lot of walking and getting punted because we don't know where people live or when they will be home. This is exhausting for a normal missionary, but when you add a torn meniscus on top of that, it just put Sister Tapusoa in a lot of pain. So Friday, we couldn't work because her legs were hurting so bad, and then we had a meeting with President Balledos and he told us that her visa had just gone through and she would be leaving on Sunday. It was all so quick, but I'm grateful for the time that we had together, and that I could be her last companion. I'm really so thankful for all of the friends that I've made on my mission whether it be other missionaries or the people that I teach. I know that they have made an impact on my life, and hopefully I will have made a good impression on them as well.
So these past two weeks have been really crazy and emotional, but I think it's all getting normal now. For the rest of the transfer, I'll be in a trisome with the STL's here in San Fernando, so my new companions are Sister Rea from Australia, and Sister Parker from Hawaii. They're batch mates and go home soon, so it's fun to hear all of their mission experiences, and they are just fun people so we've already been having a great time! I honestly haven't done too much work this week with all the moving and trying to figure things out, but hopefully by next week I can tell you more about my area and the people we're teaching! I love you all, thanks so much for the emails and letters from Sara, Sydney Wallace, Dad, and the package Mom! Also, Happy Birthday Elder Rodriguez, Bishop Sybrowsky, Syd and Samuel, hope ya'll had a great day!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
Me and Sister Tapusoa on our last full day together! When we first came to the Philippines we took pictures on the beach at President Balledos' house, and we got to end with a ward activity taking pictures at the beach too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment