Sunday, November 2, 2014

Araw ng Patay 11/2/2014

Happy Halloween ya'll!
This week was probably my last full week with Sister Rea, so another great companionship is sadly coming to an end. We worked really hard this transfer, and I'm so happy with how things have turned out. This week Sister Rea was sick, so not too much happend. I did go on exchanges again, and when I was in my old area of San Fernando, we taught a less active who had gone apostate. He refused to believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon was true. The entire lesson was really tense, and he was just yelling at us and trying to argue how the gospel in the Bible is different from the gospel in the Book of Mormon. At the beginning, I was feeling really angry that he could so easily bash all of my beliefs and everything that I know to be true in my life, but then I realized that if I tried to debate with him, neither of us would accomplish anything. So to end the lesson, I just bore my firm testimony that the Book of Mormon is a witness of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith is the Lord's prophet, and those that earnestly seek for the truth will find it in the Book of Mormon. It has brought nothing but happiness in my life, and even though others may tear it down, I will always defend it because I know that it's true and will bless us eternally. Even though, he still refused to believe anything we said, it just reaffirmed my testimony that this is Christ's church and the Book of Mormon is His witness. So go and read the Book of Mormon if you haven't before, and if you have read it again and again, it will invite the spirit into your life and bring you closer to Chirst!
I still love my area and my mission, it truly is the best decision I've ever made. Shout out to Sydney for turning 20!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
The beach in San Fernando





The San Fernando Sisters

My sick tan line #dontjudge

No comments:

Post a Comment