Sunday, November 16, 2014

Season of Change-11/16/2014

Kumusta!
Well we had MLC this week, and there are lots of change here in Baguio mission! First off, we are officially changing our standard of excellence, and I'm really excited about it. It's putting more focus on investigator lessons, especially with members so that they have a fellowshipper, and to get us to reach our goal of 100 baptisms each month. In September, we ad 80, so we're getting closer just 20 more to go! I know that we can do it, and I'm so grateful for the council of President Balledos, he really is an inspired man and I'm so thankful that he is my mission president. We also talked about accountability and if we are willing to raise above the bar and really act upon our goals in order to reach them. I know that the time I have here is so short, and it's going by faster everyday, so I want to be as accountable as I can to the Lord and not waste any time that I have here! So it was a really great MLC and becasue President and Sister Balledos love us so much, they have decided to change our P-day. Now, our P-Day starts at 10 instead of 12 and we have an hour and a half to email, PRAISE! We were all so excited, so family, don't think that I was being pasaway (disobedient) because I was on earlier, it's a new rule!
This week really went by so fast, I can't remember everything that happened, but we are working really hard with our investigators Mary, Gina, and Gab. Please pray for them! For Mary and Gina, their desire is there, they just need to come to church! As a missionary, you get to see just a little bit of how frustrated God must feel sometimes when He knows what is good for us and what will bless us, but we just choose not to do it. Agency, it's a wonderful thing. So we are going to focus really hard with them to choose coming to church over catching that extra washing job because they will be blessed even more by coming to the House of the Lord! As for Gab, he is the smartest 9 year old I've ever met, and he is still deciding if he wants to be baptized. All I can say from this week, is that the actions of others really influence our decisions. Gab is afraid to be baptized becasue he will be the only member at his Catholic school, and we have some other investigators who are friends with less actives who hide from us, so it's hard to commit them when their member friends don't like us. So please everyone, just be good examples and take advantage of the gospel because it's what will help us the most!
I love you all, keep choosing the right and practice what you preach!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
Our nice friend Rachel the Nigerian!

No comments:

Post a Comment