Sunday, November 30, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving! 11/30/2014

Kumusta!
So this past week was Thanksgiving, and even though I didn't get to have a Thanksgiving dinner, I just wanted to share the things that I was thankful for this past week.
1. I got to go on exchanges with Sister Tapusoa and it was such a fun day, I wish I could be her comp again for an entire transfer someday ha. But we had a really good day together and it was great to be with my best friend again.
2. One of my favorite less actives (Big Mama) fed us lunch on Thanksgiving, so even though it was Filipino food, it was still masarap (delicious) and made me feel the holiday spirit. Oh and we call her Big Mama cause she's Filipina but sooooo tall and built like a Polynesian haha. She's married to the Patriach too who is was small and short, and kind of looks like the wise rat man from TMNT, so it's really funny to see them together, but I love them so much!
3. I'm thankful for this super nice member in Sevilla who helped me when I was sick while I was on exchanges there. So I had exchanges with Sister Tanner and during the afternoon, I wasn't feeling too great, so we go to this members kainan (food store? don't really know how to explain in English ha) so that I could sit down for a bit. I was feeling really dizzy, so they told me to lay down and they got me a pillow and blanket and everything ha. I felt a little weird just laying there though, so I rested for a few minutes, then sat up so that we could teach this little kid that was there. During the lesson, I just felt like I was going to be so sick, and then right as I said,"in the name of Jesus Christ, amen" a just threw up in front of everyone! Then within a second the super nice sister had water and paper towels for me, then they helped us get a tryke so that I could go home and rest haha. It was so crazy and sorry if that was kind of gross, but there's a first look into real missionary work, sometimes the unexpected happens!
4. I truly love the Lingsat ward and all the members and help that they give us. They are so willing to work with us, and that makes missionary work so much more enjoyable and effective when the ward is supportive, so go help the missionaries!
I love you all and hope that ya'll will always be thankful for the little things in life, because in the end, all that really matters is the gospel, so never take that for granted! And it's officially December, time flies too fast, remember the reason for the season this year!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
Shout outs: Happy Birthday Babou and Sami!


No comments:

Post a Comment