Sunday, November 23, 2014

Work, Work, Work!- 11/23/2014

Kumusta!
Wow this week went by so fast and so many great things happened! We had a zone training this past Tuesday about being accountable for our areas and how to help our investigators receive revelation through prayer, church attendance, and reading the Book of Mormon. It was probably the best zone training that I've had because it was all really interactive and it was great to hear everyone's ideas about how we can help the struggling areas of our work. With all these new changes, President really wants to help us to work together more as a district and zone to achieve our goal of 100 baptisms a month. He wants to have a "White Christmas" and challenged each companionship to have one baptism in the month of December. The field truly is white and ready to harvest, and I feel like we have some pretty great potentials for this December, so we will be fasting and praying that they can make it to their dates!
But this week was really about hard work for us. I've been trying to really make sure that I make the most out of the time I have each day to work hard and prepare people for baptism. For the first time ever in my whole mission, we taught 10 lessons in one day, and at the end of the week realized that we taught 40 lessons (one of them we didn't count though because it was to the crazy Nigerians who we dropped after that...I'll have to tell ya'll the story once I get home ha). But I can honestly say that I am really exhausted but so excited to be here and working so hard. We had a really great week, and are finding more people who I feel are really prepared for the gospel! Sadly, Mary and Gina didn't come to church again and have been really busy so we couldn't really teach them last week, but this week we are going to refocus them and prepare them for their new IBD's! Then Gab is slowly coming around, and really praying to not be nervous for his baptismal day, so I feel that by the end of this week, he will be excited for his baptism rather than nervous. Also, we have a new investigator who is the grandson of our RC, he just moved back here from Italy to take care of his grandma (sister Dina our RC) and we've been teaching him and he came to church on Sunday, so we're going to give him an IBD and sana (hopefully) he will be our December baptism as well! Oh and I just remembered how on Sunday, a member brought her cousin to church who'snot a member and is studying here and she wants us to teach her and to attend institute, so people have just fell into our laps this week! So basically the work is great, I love my area so much and the members here and my companion is the sweetest, life couldn't be any better :)!
Happy birthday shout outs to Mom and Dori, sorry it's so late, but I didn't forget on the day, I just forgot to email ya'll!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
Got to go on exchanges with Sister Smith again (fun fact, someone bowed to us on the road haha the joys of being two americans int he Philippines)

Met a nice Indian family while on exchanges with Sister Haider, they gave us some spicy Indian food

Made tacos for lunch!

Had to take the classic goat picture, there's tons of them here!

Our district/ Lingsat missionaries at President Andrada's house

No comments:

Post a Comment