Sunday, December 28, 2014

Maligayang Pasko at Bagong Taon! 12/28/14

Kumusta everyone!
So this was my first full week of work here in my new area of Quezon Hill. It's called Quezon Hill for a reason because literally my area goes to the very top of the mountain, so it's a work out the entire day! This week we had some curfews for Christmas which made it a little hard to proselyte, but we were still very blessed to be able to find where more people live and find a lot of new investigators as well. It has been a little hard and stressful for both me and my companion opening this area, but we really are so blessed to be here in this ward. The members love us, and they're all excited to finally have sisters. Filipino's like to show their love by feeding us, so even though I'm climbing mountains everyday, we probably eat twice as much! On Christmas, every house we went to fed us, and finally when we couldn't eat anymore, they gave us food to take home, so don't worry parents, I'm being well taken care of here :). It's weird to think that this was my last Christmas as a missionary, I have really enjoyed being here during the Christmas season to celebrate the gift of Christ and share His gospel. Looking back on my week now, even though some days were hard and filled with walking for hours, searching for houses and people by Filipino directions (aka people telling us "over there" or up the hill") I still had a really great week and I just feel so happy to be here. I just always have a smile on my face no matter what. I love my mission, I love the Filipino people so so much, they will forever have a special place in my heart. I can't believe it's about to be 2015, my new years resolutions this year will be really become the person God knows that I am, and to work hard each day that I have left here on my mission. I hope that ya'll will always remember and appreciate the blessings of this gospel, because it really is what matters most!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Bangerter
 Shout out to Grandma for the Christmas card, love you!
Found some prayer flags, made me think of you MC, I miss the Carlson fam!

Our kabahay on Christmas Eve

Our kabahay on Christmas Eve

My area

Me and Sister Steedman

No comments:

Post a Comment